Our railway industry expertise provides specialist Railway Safety, Railway Operations, and Workplace Health and Safety advice within today’s complex safety and regulatory regime to ensure organisational objectives are achieved and comply with relevant legislation, regulations and industry requirements.
- Railway Safety Management, including Risk Management, Change Management, and Competency Management.
- Railway Operations Management, including Network Control Management, Train Planning, and Concept of Operations.
- Railway Safety Accreditation, including accreditation applications, variations, and exemptions, safety management system development and review – all compliant to Rail Safety National Law and regulatory requirements and obligations.
- Developing high quality Railway Safety and Railway Operations related business processes and procedures, including requirements for Safety Occurrence Reporting, Recording and Investigation, Audit , and Emergency Management – all with a focus on continuous improvement in systems, processes and productivity.
- Developing, reviewing, and updating Railway Safety and Railway Operations plans, including Business Readiness, Operational Readiness, Safety Assurance, and Safety Management.
- Developing and managing interface agreements between Rail Transport Operators and Road Managers, including facilitating interface risk workshops involving representatives at all levels.
- Performing compliance audits on work practices, systems and processes to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures, Railway Safety, Workplace Health and Safety, and other legislation.
- Safety Assurance of railway related projects, including independent review of Safety Assurance Plans and Reports.
- Railway Safeworking, including the development and review of Network Rules and Procedures and Operator Specific Procedures.
- Policy development and implementation in accordance with Rail Safety National Law and other legislation requirements.
- Crisis and emergency planning, preparedness and management.
- Investigation of major incidents and accidents.
- Expert witness and opinion services.